Use the side menu to checkout one of our nationally accredited camping programs!
- Camp Gorsuch: a traditional camp for Scouts BSA and CubSscouts that honors the traditions of Scouting in Alaska while challenging Scouts with new experiences and taking the next steps on the Scouting trail.
- Denali High Adventure Scout Base: summer camp with a high adventure twist! Denali High Adventure Scout Base goes beyond the basics to provide unmatched programs and experiences for Scouts in the primitive Alaskan wilderness.
- Eagle River Scout Camp: with program options for Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA, Eagle River Scout Camp is the premier camping destination for Scouts in Southeast Alaska!
Apply to be on Camp Staff!
Does your child enjoy spending the summer outdoors? Do they enjoy working as part of a team? Do they need to earn some money this summer? Then they should apply to work at one of the Great Alaska Council’s summer camps! We are looking for outstanding young men and women to join our team in 2019. Working on camp staff is a great summer job and provides valuable work experience. Camp teaches teamwork, problem-solving, personal responsibility, and many other valuable skills. Paid positions are available for staff age 15 and up.
But wait…we’ve got more than just summer camp programs!
- Okpik: We live in Alaska, it tends to get cold. And snow. A lot. But not even cold weather and snow can stop a Scout. Join us for the premier cold weather camping training in Alaska! Learn how to conquer the Alaskan Winter and prepare your Scouts for an unmatched camping experience!
- Alaska Ultimate High Adventure: Your portal to exploring our incredible state! One day you could be staring at the Majestic mountains of the Alaska Range, the next you could be sea-kaying in the shadow of a glacier. If your unit is looking for an adventure, we can deliver an experience you and your Scouts will never forget!